Attachment Parenting or AP has been in the news a lot recently thanks to Peaches Geldof’s TV debate with the ghastly Katie Hopkins. If you haven’t seen the video. Here it is.
Yes. Katie really is like that all the time. I wish people would stop paying her to come on to their shows but I suppose it only ends up putting more weight behind anything she opposes. So anyway, here are the principles
1. Prepare for Pregnancy, Birth, and Parenting
2. Feed with Love and Respect
3. Respond with Sensitivity
4. Use Nurturing Touch
5. Provide Consistent and Loving Care
6. Ensure Safe Sleep, Physically and Emotionally
7. Practice Positive Discipline
8. Strive for Balance in Your Personal and Family Life
As Peaches says, you don’t have to stick rigidly to them all. You find your own personal approach and a level of AP that suits your family.